background

Monday, October 10, 2011

O my new hobby and how I love it!!

So I really wanted to try a quilting class this semester and when I signed up for it I was so excited to get started. However I did not know how much I would end up liking it and have fallen in love with doing it, and spend  a lot of time in the sewing lab working on it. 
This was my first square, and the second time I did it, the first time I tried it I did not do well at all, and had to fix it, but after I was done I was very pleased.

My second square which is still not done because I dont know how to lay them out so i'm waiting til the end to see how it will look in the quilt.

This one was a challenge and I messed up a couple of times but I guess it turned out pretty good.

This one is one of my favorites, it was fun to make too.

The bear claw, harder but really fun to make, sure takes some patience.

I really love this one, I took some time but it turned out well in the end.

My favorites, so easy to make and so much fun. I am making a lot more of these ones to go into the quilt.

This one I about died doing, I definetly needed more patience while doing this one, and to be honest dont know if i'm making it again.

Favorites!! so simple to do and I love love to do them, these are still not quite done yet and they will not be all together as a square.

I decided to put our last name in the quilt and found this wonderful print, the leaf didn't turn out as well as I hoped but I was very pleased overall.

I'm not done and will update as soon as I get more. If you could not tell the quilt has a theme and i've chosen cabin/woods. I'm very pleased with what I have done so far and can not wait to get it finished. 

1 comment:

  1. OK I'm trying this again. We LOVE the blocks! Can't wait to see you for Christmas. The quilt will be so beautiful! Love you, soso

    ReplyDelete