background

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

OK enough is enough. It's time to get to it!

So go figure, New years goal has failed.  What is new, seriously? Time and time again I have tried to start my diet, and get into a good exercise routine and I do good for a week and then for some reason I get side-tracked and I am back to square one. I am so sick of my crazy obsession with sugar; ok maybe I am not, why can't there be a sugar diet were you can lose weight? Wouldn't that be nice?

Well enough is enough; It's time to get into shape, i've had 9 weeks to recover. So since I am a visual person, I am going to take a before picture, I am also going to take a picture every week to help me see my results. For Christmas this last year I got a bunch of workout dvd's and workout stuff to help me get into shape. I am now telling you that I am finally going to commit to a weekly post on how I am doing.

I cannot look into the mirror anymore at the person I am not, it is time to feel healthy, alive again. I sure wish the weather was nicer so I could take Lexi out on walks, I know that isn't really an excuse, but I don't know about you other moms, but this smog is not healthy to be pushing your semi-new baby out side. I care about my sweet baby too much.

Now I know a lady never says how much she weighs, nore does she like being asked, but in this case I feel like it is necessary. So right before Lexi was born I weighed 237, I know a lot right, thats what I thought. Right before I got pregnant I weighed around 173, so that means I gained about wompin 64 pounds. Ok not OK! I am now about 198 which means I have lost about 39 pounds, ya that is a good amount, but not near what I want to be. 25 more pounds to lose til my pre-pregnancy weight, and 23 more pounds from that, to be where I want to be, a healthy weight for me 150 pounds.

I know this won't be easy, in fact it will be super hard for me, mainly because I LOVE to eat. But I know that this is what I want, and I want to be healthy. Now if I can get Nick to stop eating and asking for brownies and cookie dough. I sure love my husband but he loves to eat as well, but if you know him, he gains nothing, i'm serious.

So here I go. Today I started the Lindsay Brins postnatal boot camp, and I can already feel the burn. It is a 12 week body workout, and I will keep everyone updated. I said I would post a picture, but I need Nick to take it so I will update this post when I get it, until then wish me luck on my journey to a happy healthy body!

3 comments:

  1. Good luck, TC! I know you can do it! I will be right there with you after I have my baby. You'll have to let me know how you like the work out DVDs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brittany, I will for sure! I could use all the luck I can get.

      Delete
  2. TC you are so good! i still have not found the motivation to get my butt back in gear... i'm working on it... seriously Mav is almost crawling and I need to be able to keep up! Good luck!!! You're an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete